Lawrence, what a bonus! I awoke to your beautifully educational missive!
Several features of the locale were new to me, notably the names and why
(including Agnes). Thank you for this. I've saved for rereading and
reminding.

The explanation of the terrain, its fit into the English and not-English
elements, provides a very fine frame around what is an extremely fine poem!

Thanks, Sheila