Hi

There is evidence to say that some forms of lighting can trigger or worsen some sufferer’s migraines.  Regardless of this though, my own experience is that occasionally I come across someone who likes to live and work in the dark.  The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers  recommends a minimum of 500lux for offices yet there are occasionally people who can’t stand this level of light and prefer a level of between 100 and 200 lux.   Provided they have their own desk or workstation and don’t hotdesk, they are generally happy if one or more of the tubes above them are removed.

Thanks

Lindsey

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anthony Cassidy
Sent: 02 May 2012 13:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] LED ceiling lights and migraines

Hi All,

Is there any evidence to suggest that LED ceiling lights can contribute to the frequency of migraines or lighting above a given lux level?

Thanks,

Anthony.

Anthony Cassidy

University Safety Co-ordinator, Safety Services, 180 Waterloo Place, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL

T: 0161 275 8909, F: 0161 306 3210, M: 07796 302214

www.manchester.ac.uk/healthandsafety