In order to vaccinate, the National Standards for training are set by the Health Protection Agency. Initially there is a 2 day course followed by annual updates.
Here is the core curriculumhttp://www.hpa.org.uk/Publications/InfectiousDiseases/0506CoreCurriculumforImmunisationTraining/

and the national standardshttp://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1196942164323

I believe this is what the SEQOHS assessors look for ...
This is why the bespoke OH study days I have been running for 4 years  include the core curriculum, anaphylaxis and I get the Red Cross to do the CPR aspect.. all in once day, no hunting about.
I think you need to see your training (in  whatever area of practice) as a core cost like business insurance, accountancy fees, etc, and just spend to get it. Because you and your business  are at risk if you don't.
CheersDiane
www.sunnybluesky.co.uk

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: