I, like many of you I am sure, regularly see employees for whom english is not their first language. When they bring a colleague with them to act as interpretor, or simply to provide support, I ask both of them to sign a confidentiality agreement/consent.
I have no problems with this however, I often get the feeling that when I am not part of the conversation because I am writing, looking something up etc, I am at a disadvantage to the discussion that goes on between the 2 individuals.
I don't wish to come across as rude and understand that most times the colleague is probably further expanding on what I have been advising but the cynical side of me, especialy in some cases, wonders if something a little more may be occuring. Do the list feel it is acceptable that I insist on only english being spoken where reasonable?

Many thanks in advance.

julia

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: