ooh I have done DSE assessments for home workers while working as an independent, funny how I havent included these in my memory processes when discussing home visits? I think the difference may be that these people are not "sick", absent or avoiding work so less potential to be fractious. Which is probably why i did them, but the same rules should apply (note to self).......however DSE assessments can be done by other people apart from OH. I remember one clearly - a home worker for a merchant bank with a swimming pool, stables etc etc. Was very nice - his workstation layout was terrible. Made my recommendations and was asked back to check 2 weeks later to check that everything was "OK".....I got a very nice lunch out of that one......and remember thinking to myself that it was money for old rope

However  there are plenty of on line assessments that would suit the vast majority.....