I had not considered that until now. I agree seeing the depth these inks have sunk into would defiantely help. I did consider laser ablation to remove them but thats not really feasble for 4200 samples either. its a nightmare!

cheers for the help,
Sam

Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:49:23 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Chemical Removal of ink and paint
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Sam
Have you considered making a polished section of a couple of samples and using a laser microprobe to see how deep the ink or paint substances have penetrated into the plug material? I think it would be helpful to have a better understanding of the nature and scale of the problem before expending effort on cleaning the samplesm
Hope this helps
Helena