medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture The only context I've ever seen Gamaliel represented is in the legends of the finding of St Stephen's relics.  All the others are more directly associated with the Crucifixion.  Curious combination, that.  What is the basis for his identification of the figures?
Jim