From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Monae Verbeke
Sent: 17 May 2012 21:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Workshop Evaluating Impacts of Non-formal Learning & Engagement
with Schools and Young People

The University of Warwick is excited to announce the next seminar in the
Evaluating Impacts of Non-Formal Learning & Public Engagement Seminar
Series. This seminar will focus on the topic of engagement with schools
and
young people.  This seminar is filling quickly and we would like to
include
you!

Previous participants in this seminar series have said:

*"[I] can't recall any part that wasn't interesting...during the course
of
the day I changed my plan about how to gather data."*
*
*
*"Everything was useful for me - one of the best workshops I have
attended
in my career!"*

Compared to other local workshops our registration fees are low because
we
want you to participate in this series!!

programmes and other modes of engaging schools raises both unique
opportunities and challenges. This seminar will examine the best ways of
gathering both routine more robust evaluation data to inform practice
and
evidence impact.

Further event details available here:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/news/scd/publicengagement
 *
* *Speakers for this seminar include*:

   -

   Professor Sir John Holman (Senior Fellow in Education, Wellcome Trust
   and Emeritus Professor of Chemistry, University of York)
   -

   Sarah Thomas (Head of Discovery and Learning, Zoological Society of
   London
   -

   Grace Kimble (Science Museum & Institute of Education)
   -

   Dr Eric Jensen (Assistant Professor, University of Warwick)

   - Monae Verbeke (University of Warwick)

*REGISTER!!!:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/news/scd/publicengagement*

---------------
Dr Eric Jensen, Fellow Higher Education Academy
Assistant Professor of Sociology
University of Warwick http://warwick.academia.edu/EricJensen
Office: Ramphal Building (2.17)

'Evaluating Impacts of Public Engagement and Non-Formal Learning'
Seminar Series:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/news/scd/publicengagement

Commentary on science communication evaluation in the journal Nature:
http://warwick.academia.edu/EricJensen/Papers/402817/Evaluate_Impact_of_
Communication

Master of Science in Science, Media and Public Policy at Warwick:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/pg/prospect/programmes/smpp/

Visiting Senior Research Fellow Institute of Zoology, Zoological
Society of London / University of Cambridge:
http://www.zsl.org/science/ioz-staff-students/jensen,1424,AR.html

Associate Education Research Fellow, Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust