 (With apologies for cross-posting).

Is your organisation considering RFID? Have you already done so but would
like to find out a bit more? Are you interested in sharing best practice?
There are still places left on NAG's seminar!

Whether you work in a public or an academic library, this seminar will have
much to interest and inform you. RFID is an expensive and technical product,
and we should all be trying to get the best value and service we can from
our suppliers and for our institutions.

The seminar will take place on Tuesday the 19th of June at the Palace Hotel
in Manchester. The day will run from approximately 10.00 to 15.30/ 16.00,
and programme includes -

*	A talk through the NAG/BIC RFID core specification document (RFP)
which can be used as part of the tendering process by the authors - Mick
Fortune of Library RFID Ltd and Mark Hughes (Head of Collections Management,
Swansea University), along with Karen Carden (Bibliographic Services
Manager, University of the Arts London - the first institution to use it in
2011)

*	Why it's needed
*	How to use it
*	What to look out for
*	Tips on marking / interpreting responses
*	Future / updating

*	Group practice on completing the document
*	Feedback from the groups on how they found the document
*	Discussion on an RFID project in practice -  (Jeremy Andrew, Head of
Library Services & Kathryn Sullivan, both University of Central Lancashire)
*	Update on global RFID developments - Mick Fortune

For the full programme, please visit the
<http://www.nag.org.uk/events/forthcoming-events/2012/01/seminar-on-rfid-tue
sday-19th-june-2012-at-the-palace-hotel-manchester/>  NAG website , and to
book please click here <http://www.nag.org.uk/test-page/>

For more about the venue, which is close to excellent transport links,
please see  <http://www.palace-hotel-manchester.co.uk/>
http://www.palace-hotel-manchester.co.uk/ , and if you have any questions
please don't hesitate to contact the NAG office at

We look forward to seeing you on the 19th of June

Judith

Judith Rhodes

Administrator

National Acquisitions Group