Hello

There are still places available for the forthcoming Library Assistant Study days - Building Our Emotional Resilience to Stress. In particular bookings for the Liverpool event are low so if you are planning on attending this event please can I ask you to book on as soon as possible.

Full details, including links to the booking forms, are below. These study days will be held at three different locations across the North West. Each study day will cover the same information.

Lunch will be provided and there will be plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil

Building Our Emotional Resilience to Stress

Trainer: Deborah Dalley (http://deborahdalley.com/)

Tuesday 12 June 2012 - Liverpool

10.00-16.00

Holiday Inn, Liverpool

Minimum number: 12 (6 places booked as of 10 May 2012)

Closing date: 25 May 2012

Book a place: http://www.lihnn.nhs.uk/events_calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=362

Tuesday 26 June 2012 - Carlisle

10.00-16.00

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust, Cumberland Infirmary

Minimum number: 6 (6 places booked as of 10 May 2012)

Closing date: 8 June 2012

Book a place: http://www.lihnn.nhs.uk/events_calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=361

Thursday 5 July 2012 - Manchester

10.00-16.00

Exact location to be confirmed but it will be a city centre location in Manchester

Minimum number: 12 (14 places booked as of 10 May 2012)

Closing date: 15 June 2012

Book a place: http://www.lihnn.nhs.uk/events_calendar/preview_event.aspx?id=363

Course Information

Over the last few years we have all been dealing with the challenges that come with rapidly changing workplaces. The aim of this workshop is to explore practical ways to support ourselves during times of uncertainty and change.

During this workshop delegates will explore:

Workshop Content

-      identifying the things that cause stress

-      recognising how stress manifests itself

-      developing strategies for managing day to day stress effectively

-      increasing our long term resource systems to cope more effectively during stressful periods and build our resilience

-      developing a range of skills to handle stressful situations more assertively  e.g. saying no, dealing with negativity in others

-      recognising the power of choice

-      reviewing ways to manage your manager

Gil Young, CPD & Partnerships Manager

BA (Hons); PgDipLIS; MSc; MCLIP; Assoc CIPD
NHS NW Health Care Libraries Unit,
Unit E, Kingscroft Court,
Sovereign Business Park
Warrington Road
Wigan WN1 3AP
Tel: 01942 482 584 or 0779 5310 852

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Thank you for your co-operation.