Yes please! What a wonderful idea - and a great way to learn! We do rock!

On 2 May 2012 11:12, Dr Helen Webster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On this subject...

in the Professional Development group meeting recently, I raised the idea of running a CPD 23things 'course' for the LD community. It's an idea which has come from the library community, and has been very effective as a structured, supported way to explore new digital tools, but in your own time and practice. It's been run at Cambridge and elsewhere: see http://23thingscambridge.blogspot.co.uk/ for an example.

Basically, it's run around a central blog, which suggests 23 'things' to try, with some initial guidance. All the  participants try out a new thing or two a week over the course of 10-12 weeks (both the 'things' and the length of course can be adapted) and then write a reflective blog entry describing how they used it and evaluating it (setting up a blog is the first 'thing'!). The 'things' might be fairly basic or fairly advanced - it's up to the participants. It's a great way to learn from each other too, as the blogs are all linked through the central one, and a great way of generating case studies and recommendations.

I'd be very happy to set up such a course if people would be interested - and suggestions for 'things' or types of thing people would like to explore would be very gratefully received!

best wishes,

Helen