Hello there

I've been copied a couple of the recent messages about the OS exemptions process and thought it best to clarify what English Heritage are doing.

We are working with the Local Government Association and its members to compile a national record of Conservation Area boundaries for INSPIRE purposes. This work continues. We have not yet sought exemption for this data set but intend to at some point once we are ready.

We are concentrating on getting our National Heritage List data sets exempted at the moment and will be working to implement the results of this request once they are clear.

The exemptions process does provide the opportunity to get your OS derived data sets exempted from the PSMA End User Licence but it does require you to provide a case as to why the End User Licence does not meet your requirements. Successful data sets may then be covered by either the Free to Use terms or the OS Open Data terms.

I'm a member of the PSMA User Group which reports to the GI Customer Group and which represents the views and interests of PSMA members. It is made up of representatives from Central and Local Government, the Health and Emergency Services sectors. Details of your local representative can be found on the OS website so please do feed back any concerns or issues you have with the PSMA to them and they can be picked up at our meetings. PSMA does seem to be much more of a partnership with OS than previous agreements but we do still hold them to account if the service is not working for members.

Best wishes

David

David Gander
webGIS Manager | PSMA / PGA / OS Liaison

English Heritage

Ground Floor, Porter's Lodge, Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire MK45 4HS
01525 863717 (direct) | 07717 891284 (mobile)

[log in to unmask] | www.english-heritage.org.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think. http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/