From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Boldrini
Sent: 28 May 2012 09:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Provision of data to Forestry Commission

morning folks

we have a had data request from the forestry commission for GIS data to help them plan operationally.

We are thinking of refusing to supply the data as our data is only point data and without a trained archaeologist (which I am checking to see if they have), we have concerns that improper interpretation could lead to damage to the Historic Environment and would recommend they consult us directly.

I am assuming other people have had this request and wondered what approach had been taken?

tar

we have

best wishes

Nick Boldrini

Historic Environment Record Officer

Archaeology Section

Design and Historic Environment Team

Planning Service

Regeneration and Economic Development

Durham County Council

Rivergreen Centre

Aykley Heads

Durham

DH1 5TS

Tel: 0191 3708840

Fax: 0191 3708897

NOTE: Durham County Council Archaeology Service is moving on 20th June 2012 and the HER will be shut from 18th - 22nd June.

2012 edition of "Archaeology: County Durham" is now available.

**Now available ** Order your copy of "Faverdale, Darlington: excavations at a major settlement in the northern frontier zone of Roman Britain" by Jennifer Proctor.

Both these publications and more are available direct from the Archaeology Section (Archaeology publications for sale - Durham County Council)

Web: www.durham.gov.uk

Follow us on Twitter @durhamcouncil

Like us at facebook.com/durhamcouncil

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.