Dear Gemmers

Please find below some details about the Bristol Festival of Education, sent on behalf of the University of Bristol.

Bristol Festival of Education 11-22 June: Public lecture series 2012

We would like to warmly invite you to our Bristol Festival of Education.

Now in its second year, this free festival is a showcase of the latest ideas in learning, and is intended to provoke discussion of key ideas and contributions to the advancement of education, locally and globally.

This year our events celebrate our new thematic research groups illuminating our overall vision of researching learning: transforming lives and will feature speakers, exhibitions, performances and much more. Led by our internationally recognised researchers and some of our valued partners, events will cover everything from education quality, learning technology, privatising higher education, innovative methodologies, science and maths education to spirituality, ethics, assessment, philosophy, and teacher-educator stories. Full details can be found on the festival website (www.bristol.ac.uk/edfest).

If you would like to attend any of the events, please book in advance by emailing [log in to unmask].  For further information, please contact Lucy Stephens on 0117 331 4291.

Best wishes

The Bristol Festival of Education Team

Join us at the Bristol Festival of Education 2012!

www.bristol.ac.uk/edfest

Rhian Tritton

Director of Conservation and Education, ss Great Britain Trust

E:   [log in to unmask]

T:   0117 926 0680 Ext 231/ 07920863432

Winner of more than 20 national and international awards including UK Museum of the Year and Enjoy England Large Visitor Attraction of the Year

See http://www.ssgreatbritain.org for what's on, venue hire, museum and education news, including the Brunel Institute

Brunel Institute education initiatives at the ss Great Britain are supported by the independent charity The Lloyd's Register Educational Trust that funds engineering and science education training and research worldwide.

Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY (registered office). Company no. 1000878 & 999528 (registered at Gray's Inn, London). ss Great Britain Trust is a registered charity no. 262158. The information contained in this email and its attachments is privileged information intended for the addressee only. Copying or distribution of this communication by persons other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and delete it. The information, views and comments within this communication are those of the sender and not necessarily those of the Trust.