This is exactly what fsl_motion_outliers helps you do.  film_gls begins to struggle with large design matrices (if you have high resolution and low TR data especially), but this depends on how much RAM you have.

Peace,

Matt.

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Smith
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Censoring Timepoints

Hi

On 8 May 2012, at 03:48, James Porter wrote:

Hello All-

I'm wondering if anybody has a good method, staying within FSL's armament of tools, to perform analyses with select TRs "censored" in the way that AFNI's 3dDeconvolve and 3dREMLfit can do. I've had some thoughts about adding an confound EV of 0s and 1s describing TRs that I do/do not want associated with my regressors of interest,

Yes - that is a reasonable approach - as long as your design matrix does not get impractically large!   You need one EV for every timepoint to be "removed".

Cheers.

but that isn't exactly a replication of AFNI's approach.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

------
Jim Porter, M.A.
Ph.D. Candidate
Clinical Science and Psychopathology Research
University of Minnesota

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve