Hi wolf,
             If you do not supply randomise with a mask, then it will create and use a default mask by thresholding the input data at 0.0001 - this is a basic attempt to exclude background voxels for standard data types.

Many Regards

Matthew
Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for making my (scientific) life that simple. Indeed, if I can carry out the conjunction on the corrected p-maps, everything becomes quiet easy.

Regarding my bug/feature point, I noticed, that without a brain mask, the tstats output from a randomise call does not provide a value for each voxel within the brain, but apparently only for those, that were above some threshold. I did not look more into it to be able to tell, whether this threshold is applied on the input data or the output data.
However, when providing a mask with the -m option, I got a t value for each voxel, including negative t-values that were missing before. I created the mask by taking the absolute values of the input data and binarising it, hence this selects exactly all voxel, that are not constantly 0 for all time points. Since this simple change lead to the behavior I wanted, I was happy with it, just wondering if this might reflect a bug or was by purpose.

best,
wolf