Dear listserv members,

caboose, the film book publisher behind the collaborative on-line oral history project Planetary Projection, is pleased to announce that the first dozen or so projectionist vignettes from various corners of the world are now up on the site; please take a moment to browse the beginnings of this project to document film projection practices around the world in the words of the men and women in the booth.

To spur on new projectionist contributors, caboose will give away, free of charge including shipping, a copy of its new book by Jean-Luc Godard, Introduction to a True History of Cinema and Television, to the first 50 projectionists whose vignette for the project is accepted for publication on the site before 1 July, 2012.

That's right, submit a short text to Planetary Projection within the next six weeks and, if it is accepted for publication on the site, we'll send you a free copy of Godard's book when it is published this September. Retail value: $50 plus shipping, the cost of which we will cover anywhere in the world. Be sure to click the link to the book description above, where you can also read a free chapter of the book on line. Every film buff is going to want a copy of this mammoth, 550-page book in Godard's words, the first-ever English translation prepared from a new transcription of his legendary 14 one-hour talks in Montreal in 1978. And for your friends who aren't film projectionists, caboose is offering a pre-order special: an $80 hardcover edition of the book for the price of the paperback.

If you prefer, and if you live in a country whose copyright laws do not restrict the book's circulation, we will substitute a copy of caboose's acclaimed new translation of selections from André Bazin's classic volume What is Cinema?, one of the most important books of film criticism and theory of all time in a dazzling new English translation.

Please contact me if you need to be reminded of what we're looking for in a Planetary Projectionist vignette, including photos, captions and a brief biography. We invite submissions from everyone, whether they are active or retired projectionists, professional or occasional crank turners, in a range of writing styles covering the gamut of projection topics.

Please don't hesitate to circulate or post this message.

Best wishes,

Marina Uzunova

Project coordinator
Planetary Projection

www.caboosebooks.net
[log in to unmask]net
-- To manage your subscription or unsubscribe from the Film-Philosophy list, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html -- Film-Philosophy Journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference (London 12 - 14 September 2012): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ --