From: Dreaves, Hilary <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: UK equivalent of FDA
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,

From my limited practical experience of working with some dependencies, they are not be under UK law day to day, unless a large (perhaps unfortunate) event/happening arises that means it is then brought into greater effect/fallen back on. Similarly with EU, they may choose to (and do) use EU legislation/policy as guidance/ good practice/evidence, but they are not bound by it.

Hilary Dreaves

Research Fellow (HIA)

IMPACT

International Health Impact Consortium

Department of Public Health and Policy

Institute of Psychology, Health and Society

University of Liverpool

Liverpool 3GB

Tel:       +44(0)151-794 5004 (office)

Email:    [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Website: www.healthimpactassesment.co.uk

2009 winner Research Councils UK Knowledge Transfer award for Public Policy and Service Impact

www.liv.ac.uk/news/features/impacts-award.htm