Hi all,

My Blogging Against Disablism Day post is “Dead Happy, Derek, and disablism”, at http://funkymangosmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/badd-dead-happy-derek-and-disablism.html. It deals with the TV programme Derek, societal attitudes to disability, and hate crime in the UK.

Best wishes,

Margo

From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrea Shettle
Sent: 02 May 2012 01:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Blog with global perspective on disablism

Dear all,

I, too, have submitted a blog post for the Blogging Against Disablism Day event, entitled "Why Fight Disablism? A Global Perspective: Blogging against Disablism Day 2012"  In this post, I share links to various international reports on the situation of people with disabilities around the world to provide a more global perspective on the issue of disablism.  You can find my post here:

http://wecando.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/why-fight-disablism/

This was written as part of a wider event that has attracted more than 100 blog posts from bloggers around the world.  It's well worth browsing through what others have written--check out the other links here:

http://blobolobolob.blogspot.com/2012/05/blogging-against-disablism-day-2012.html

Cheers,

Andrea