Aloha! We are pleased to announce that Volume 8, issue 2 of the Review of Disability Studies is now posted online at www.rds.hawaii.edu Also check out our blog and our podcast to see what managing editor Megan Conway has to say about "Dis: Divine Comedy." RDS is free online. Subscriptions to the print edition start at only $25. Check us out!

Review of Disability Studies: An International Journal

Volume 8, Issue 2

Copyright 2012

Table of Contents

Dis Editorial

Megan Conway, RDS Managing Editor

Research Articles

Teacher Educators' Varied Definitions of Learning Disabilities

Rachael Gabriel, University of Connecticut, USA

Jessica Lester, Washington State University, USA

Parental Chronic Illness: Current Limitations and Considerations for Future Research

J.W. (Bill) Anderson, Illinois State University, USA

Caitlin A. Huth, Eastern Illinois University, USA

Susan A. Garcia, Western Governors University, USA

Jennifer Swezey, Advocate Lutheran Children’s Hospital, USA

Disability Studies and the Language of Mental Illness

Katie Aubrecht, University of Toronto, Canada

Education of Children with Disabilities as Constructed within a Russian Newspaper for Teachers

Maria Oreshkina, University of Scranton, USA
Jessica Lester, Washington State University, USA

Sharon Judge, Old Dominion University, USA

Conceptualizing the “Dis” of Our Abilities: A Heuristic Phenomenology

Jamie Buffington-Adams, Indiana University, USA

Book and Media Reviews

The Stress of Combat, the Combat of Stress: Changing Strategies towards Ex-Service Men and Women

Reviewed by Katherine Li

Historicizing Fat in Anglo-American Culture

Reviewed by Anna Kirkland

Disability Studies Dissertation Abstracts

Jonathon Erlen, University of Pittsburgh, USA

--
Megan A. Conway, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Center on Disability Studies

Center on Disability Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
1776 University Avenue, UA 4-7, Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: 808-956-6166 Fax: 808-956-7878 Email: [log in to unmask]