Supporting public involvement in NHS,
public health and social care research

Image removed by sender. NHS Logo
National Institute for
Health Research

09/05/2012

Image removed by sender.

....to the Spring 2012 edition of the INVOLVE newsletter.

Image removed by sender. photo of Simon Denegri

Bringing our strategy to life

Did you see the recent news item
about the research study suggesting that the more meetings we attend, the lower our intelligence quotient (IQ) becomes?

Image removed by sender.Read more

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Bringing our strategy to life

Image removed by sender.

INVOLVE Coordinating Centre News

Image removed by sender.

Articles, publications and things of interest

Image removed by sender.

Noticeboard

Image removed by sender.

The patient inside and 'outside' the committee

Image removed by sender.

Top ten research priorities relating to life after stroke

Image removed by sender.

Consumers take the initiative in PPI training

Image removed by sender.

Involving patients and the public in talking about medical research

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

INVOLVE Coordinating Centre News

Image removed by sender.

INVOLVE 2012 conference update

The INVOLVE conference 'Putting people first in research' is being held at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham on 13 and 14 November 2012.

Please visit the conference website for regular updates: www.profbriefings.co.uk/involve2012

Welcome to new INVOLVE members

Following the successful conclusion of our membership recruitment process, we
are delighted to formally welcome 15 new members to INVOLVE.

You can read their profiles (together with those of established members) on our website: www.invo.org.uk/about-involve/who-areinvolve/ members-information

New briefing notes for researchers: public involvement in NHS, public health and social care research

The new edition of our briefing notes for researchers is now available on our website (www.invo.org.uk/resource-centre/resource-for-researchers), where you can view the ten briefing notes online or download a copy of the publication.

Receive regular news updates from INVOLVE

Remember that you can receive the latest news and information from INVOLVE by
signing up for our mailing list and selecting the 'website news alerts' and 'other
information from INVOLVE' options: www.invo.org.uk/about-involve/keep-intouch/
sign-up-for-mailing-list/

INVOLVE website feature: My clippings

Have you seen the 'My clippings' feature on our new website? This enables you to create your own area for holding information that you have 'clipped' from the website.

invoNET workshop summary

invoNET is a network facilitated by INVOLVE. It has a membership of researchers and others interested in the development of the evidence base on the nature, extent and impact of public involvement in research.

The sixth invoNET workshop, which was held on Tuesday 21 February 2012 at the Kings Fund in London, focused on researching public involvement in research. Over 50 members attended the workshop, which was chaired by Simon Denegri, Chair of INVOLVE.

Image removed by sender.Read more

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Articles, publications and things of interest

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

An evaluation of service user involvement in studies adopted by the Mental Health Research Network

Image removed by sender.

Involvement of consumers in studies run by the Medical Research Council (MRC) Clinical Trials Unit: Results of a survey

Image removed by sender.

The knowledgeable patient: communication and participation in health

Image removed by sender.

Towards co-production: taking participation to the next level

Image removed by sender.

VOICE: Developing a new measure of service users' perceptions of inpatient care, using a participatory methodology

Noticeboard

If you would like to put an article on our noticeboard please contact the Coordinating Centre.

Image removed by sender.

Launch of clinical trials online resources

Image removed by sender.

New accessibility resource

Image removed by sender.

'Research People' videos

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

The patient inside and 'outside' the committee

By Jennifer Bostock

There's a lesson to be learnt from my first day on the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research for Patient Benefit Programme (RfPB) committee – never carry a cup of coffee if you're also carrying a large bag and a pair of crutches.

Image removed by sender.Read more

Top ten research priorities relating to life after stroke

By Alex Pollock and Bridget St George

A collaborative project, carried out by researchers from the Nursing Midwifery and
Allied Health Professionals (NMAHP) Research Unit at Glasgow Caledonian University, has identified the Top Ten shared research priorities of stroke survivors, carers and health professionals relating to life after stroke.

Image removed by sender.Read more

Consumers take the initiative in patient and public involvement (PPI) training

By Peter Rainey and Carolyn Morris

In this article we report on how we, as two consumers, conceived, designed and
delivered a training event aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of patient and public involvement (PPI) by research teams.

Image removed by sender.Read more

Involving patients and the public in talking about medical research

By Sara Ellis

Information about health and medical research may be more readily available than ever before, but this does not always help patients or the public make sense of scientific research.

In 'Patients Participate!' we wanted to find out about the potential for involving the public and researchers in making sense of scientific literature.

Image removed by sender.Read more

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

For further information on INVOLVE please visit our website www.invo.org.uk

Or contact the Webmaster at the Coordinating Centre, [log in to unmask]

Best wishes
INVOLVE
[log in to unmask] Tel : 02380651088

Copyright © INVOLVE. All Rights Reserved.

Image removed by sender.

Sent to: [log in to unmask]

Unsubscribe

INVOLVE