Thanks to all those who sent their recommendations of assistive technology imagining they had the possibility of a large donation as we have here at University of Birmingham.

In particular we are looking at the provision of equipment in our loan pool. We would like to hear of the experience in other universities and in particular focussing on lap-top and tablet provision.

*         Do other Disability support departments keep a stock of lap-tops for loan;

*         Do they regularly update that stock after a number of years?;

*         Do other universities keep IPads or other tablets as loan equipment and if so how do they manage the loan of such devices?

*         How do other universities keep their stock of lap-tops current and who actually does this? I know I have already sent a post out last year about this last point but it would be good to get an update or comment from those who did not reply to that post.

As always I am extremely grateful for the valuable contribution from DisForum members and look forward to the responses to this post.

Best wishes

Patrick Adams
Disability and Assistive Technology Advisor
Disability and Learning Support Service
University of Birmingham
3 Elms Road
Edgbaston