From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Spencer
Sent: 30 April 2012 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exams and broken limbs

Hi All

Wonder if you can help.

Here in our disability service we seem to be getting more and more embroiled in exam adjustments for students who for instance break their arm prior to their exams.

What do you do in your teams. We normally would recommended extenuating circumstances, however that seems this year to no longer work, we have had a few students really unhappy about this.

For students with disabilities we have a vast array of reasonable adjustments, we follow a strict procedure, but im lost at what else we can offer these students with short term, temporary broken arms etc.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Regards

Julie Spencer
Senior Disability Advisor &
Assessment Centre Manager
The University's Disability Service
University of Lincoln
Tel: 01522 886400
Fax: 01522 886489
Minicom: 01522 886055

follow us on Twitter and Face book [cid:image002.gif@01CD277D.386C9D90] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Lincoln-Dart-Team/321118201268615>  [cid:image003.gif@01CD277D.386C9D90] <http://www.twitter.com/Dartoffice>

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.

The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.