Dear colleagues, please see below and circulate. As a coda to the coda at the bottom of this on Anglophone lists, some of you may be aware that in the UK, the Association of Business School (ABS) list ranks not just management journals, but any journal "management" scholars might publish in. This includes development studies journals. However, no development studies journals have a top, 4* ranking. That is, according to the Business School world, there is no world class development studies scholarship. Someone might write about this for the SI.....

Bill Cooke

Dear colleagues, scholars and authors,

we would like to invite you all to contribute to the special issue of the leading, free online journal Cadernos EBAPE.BR, planned for Volume 11, issue 2, June 2013. The SI is entitled

"Development-Management/Development&Management"

Guest Editors
Bill Cooke (Lancaster, England)
Alex Faria (EBAPE/FGV, Brazil)

Full cfp is attached in English and Portuguese. Please circulate widely. Submissions can be in either language, and all papers will be published in both  English and Portuguese. Apologies for cross posting. Please circulate.

This is the opportunity for academics to share their latest thinking on research strategies, tactics and paradigms of Business and Social Sciences disciplines as they concern the world. The editorial board is interested in obtaining both theoretical and practical papers concerning research models, as well as considering case studies that demonstrate how research strategies; tactics and paradigms are applied in practice.

http://app.ebape.fgv.br/cadernosebape_english/asp/dsp_lst_artigos_edicao.asp (current issue)

http://app.ebape.fgv.br/cadernosebape_english/asp/dsp_sobre_revista_apresentacao.asp  (home page)

(A note for Anglophone contributors affected by journal rankings:  Because Cadernos EBAPE.BR publishes in different languages,  and is based in Rio de Janiero, it is not counted as an international journal in any Anglo-ranking we know. That tells you more about the rankings than the journal. However, we anticipate good contributions from Anglophone scholars, not least as a gesture against Anglo-centric ranking tyranny.)

Bill Cooke