Hello everyone,

in the Dublin Core Metada Provenance Task Group (with the help of Simon
Miles), we have released an initial DC to PROV mapping draft.

The work has been divided in several documents to improve readability:

- The mapping primer [1] explains the process followed to do the
mapping, the main rationale of our decisions and our next steps.

- The Direct Mappings document [2] shows the direct mappings found
between DC and PROV (e.g., subPropertyOf relations).

- The PROV Specializations document [3] extends PROV-O with some basic
roles and properties to be able to perform the complex mappings.

- Finally, the Complex-Mappings document [4] infers PROV statements from
DC statements that are not covered by the direct mappings.

Please give us your feedback on our approach and the documents within
one week (until Tuesday, June 5th).

We sent this mail both to the relevant DCMI mailinglists and the PROV
mailinglist in order to reach consensus.

We are on a quite strict timetable now and aim at finishing the mapping
(Stage 2, and the mapping back from PROV to DC) until end of June to
reach the state of a public draft.

Daniel will briefly present the current state in the PROV call tomorrow.
If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
Kai, Daniel, Michael and Simon.

[1] https://github.com/dcmi/DC-PROV-Mapping/wiki/Mapping-primer
[2] https://github.com/dcmi/DC-PROV-Mapping/wiki/Direct-Mappings