European Cyclists' Federation is taking the helmet debate to Vancouver next month.

The local authorities are apparently not so keen to defend or discuss their helmet law, and will not provide a speaker on this topic.

We have found a ready supply of experts opposed to helmets, but still seek someone who will illuminate the pro-helmet arguments.

The ECF would like very much to have a proper debate on the issue.

Can you make any suggestions or recommendations on how to fill in the "empty chair(s)"

Current Options:

Finding someone who would take up the challenge of promoting helmet use & legislation. We can offer a complimentary pass to the right person.

Is there anybody over “in the neighborhood” who we might approach? Or anywhere else?

Alternatively

If we had someone to help us plan some Q&A's or objections to our anti-arguments, that would be useful.

DETAILS: At Velo-city(1), the ECF's traffic planning conference (26-29/6), there will be a symposium dedicated to the issue of helmet recommendations and legislation, as well as a separate presentation by Piet de Jong where he'll discuss his latest publication in Risk Analysis(2).

(1)http://www.velo-city2012.com/

(2)http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2011.01785.x/abstract

Thanks, in advance

Randy

Sincerely,

Dr Randy Rzewnicki

Project Manager & Policy Officer: Health

www.CycleLogistics.eu

European Cyclists' Federation asbl

Rue Franklin 28

B-1000 Brussels

Tel: +32 2 880 92 74 (direct 78)

Fax: +32 2 880 92 75

Email: [log in to unmask]

www.ecf.com

Follow ECF on Twitter and Facebook

We are the umbrella Federation of more than 65 bicycle user associations in Europe and beyond. On behalf of our members we lobby, we advocate, we network, we research, we attend events, we organize.... we work for a brighter future for cycling and bicycle users.