I like the idea of 'giving back' to the list perhaps by circulating the paper to everyone and/or by sending the resultant bibliography around.  Some people who've requested articles this year have done this, and then it's more likely to of benefit to others as well.

Cheers,
Candice

From: Soraia Silva <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:03:54 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: on all the paper requests on this list

I agree with the last two opinions. When I recently asked for an article, not only I got several answers amazingly fast, but also some people asked me later for that article. I find these requests (and bibliography lists) possibly more useful than many other types of emails sent to the list (though I think the list actually wins for serving multiple purposes).
Of course, this is just one more opinion.

best regards

Soraia Silva

012/5/28 Oliver Belcher <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Honestly, I like seeing what articles people are requesting in the first place and find it to be a good use of the list, rather than its abuse for conveying, on a daily basis, every personal whim and interest seemingly related to every topic under the sun.

Oliver!