Hello,

I find that a good recording process can actually help find and tell
stories, much in the same way that drawing archaeology helps the
archaeologist examine a site in more detail. We did a English Heritage
level 3 buildings survey on an outbuilding at Catalhoyuk and I would
highly recommend this approach for recording architecture:

http://middlesavagery.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/open-access-article-an-archaeology-of-the-contemporary-a-standing-buildings-survey-of-the-chicken-shed-at-catalhoyuk/

I think there is additional value to recording contemporary
archaeology in a rigorous, by-the-book fashion in that it translates
something that is seen as outside the purview of archaeology into a
broadly understood professional language. The report above is just
that, a report, but we hope to turn it into an article soon enough.

Cheers,

Colleen
--
Archaeology PhD Candidate