Hi,

I firstly want to say thank you to those responsible for writting the analysis software package - I find my life a little easier now.

I preface with the bit of stuff you want to hear: I am running version 2.2.2 (fully updated) with OpenGL, in XQuartz (2.7.2_rc3) on an iMac (fully updated) running 10.6.8 (i7 2.93GHz 4Gb). GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.; GL_RENDERER = ATI Radeon HD 5750 OpenGL Engine; GL_VERSION = 2.1 ATI-1.6.36. I typically call analysis to run by the command "./analysis -m 768" in terminal, which then opens in analysis XQuartz.

Now to my situation: I am working on an assignment project where I have several spectra (2D and 3D) open at the same time. I have noticed where after a while, analysis becomes quite slow to respond to the point where it becomes unusable. I have read elsewhere on the mail list that you sometimes recommend to close and re-open analysis, and that does seem to improve the situation a little bit, but I have noticed it doesn't work so well any more. Even closing and restarting XQuartz doesn't help. However, rebooting the machine does restore the performance I expected.

So my question is - is there something that I am doing, or can do, or that I should be aware of (i.e. a particular python script or something) that you guys suspect of being a memory leak or something, or do I just need to ensure I reboot often to keep this running optimally?

Regards from Australia,
Tom