Hi Ashley & Simon,

I’ve had exposure to this functionality when it sat within the Outcomes part of the Bb Learn product.  I think that there are some very strong use cases around standards and alignment especially in areas where education is competency based.  You’re able to describe the standards, link assessment and or learning activities to that standard so that you can see where the opportunities are to students to gain skills etc.  It gives you a very rich picture of student engagement.  I’m not familiar with the reporting that sits within SP8, so wouldn’t be able to comment on what exactly that might reveal to you.  I guess that my word of caution is that describing the standards – if they’re not already documented for you by a professional body for example – will be time consuming, and then the linking of activities to those standards is time consuming, but for some programmes it would really be worth it.  I can see direct application in medical education and engineering for example where those standards are clearly articulated and existing validation requirements mean that programme teams have often done much of the preparatory work.

Please get in touch if you want to know any more,

Esther

Dr Esther Jubb

Academic Manager – University of Derby Online

S201 Kedleston Rd,

Derby

DE22 1GB