From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Aaron Burrell [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 May 2012 10:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Roll over content - how do you do this?

As has been mentioned, it is very interesting to see what other institutions are doing and how they did it.

Here at UCS we run a very similar system to what Tony mentions below, but we don’t have the spreadsheet function, as we allow changes to course/module titles to be done in Blackboard by Course Teams.

We run two snapshot processes for courses, one will pull in all new courses from SITS including the course title, this checks if the course has already been pulled in, if it has it doesn’t include it again.  We then run the second which is a full update of all courses, but doesn’t include the course title, therefore not overwriting any changes made directly in Blackboard.

We also use course templates that are pre-populated, we also pull in an RSS feed from our FAQ engine, allowing it to pickup any new changes to the FAQs even after the course has been built by the template, therefore always being up to date.

You just need to include the course template id in the snapshot file using “Template_Course_Key”

Aaron

--

Aaron Burrell
Learning Technologist & VLE Operations Manager

E: [log in to unmask]
W: a.ucs.ac.uk/ab
Tw: @iaaronburrell