Hi Jo

We are also interested in this.  We're on 9.1 SP5 and guest access appears to be really broken.

In SP5 you have to

-set Guest Access for a course
-enable guests for each menu item
-enable guest access to each file in the Files area.

In order to do that last part in SP5 the only way I have found is to add the file as a "file" via Build Content > File and tick the box to enable public permissions.  Submit it, then delete it since the file feature is pretty ugly compared with Item, and the file is probably already on another part of the course.

But in the files area looking at permissions, the file will now have "public" permissions, and can be viewable by guests.

I didn't yet find a way to do this to all files / a group of files en masse.

But... if you use IE and try to open an Office document you are asked for a username and password.  You have to click Cancel twice and then it opens.

In the release notes for SP6 and SP7 there are some statements that this situation is improved.  We don't yet have these releases in dev so I've not been able to test yet.

I'm trying to work out an easy way of writing up some instructions on how to do this, but it's so counter-intuitive I might hold out for us getting a higher Service Pack...

Cheers

Matt
_____
-Matthew Deeprose
-University of Southampton
-[int]-x23663-[ext]-023 8059 3663
-Did you know that 1/4 of the whole iSolutions web site is dedicated to the Blackboard service?
-Find step by step guides, FAQs, videos, training and more!
-http://www.southampton.ac.uk/isolutions/computing/elearn/blackboard/

You now have the ability to log, chase, and update new and outstanding requests using our new online help service 'ServiceLine Online' available at: www.southampton.ac.uk/ithelp

ServiceLine Online welcomes you with an FAQ page with solutions to numerous enquires so that you can resolve, or instantly raise your request for support. We also use this page to communicate Service related news and updates, keeping you informed of availability and changes to our services