Ty,

so this is a link generated by using "attach file" in the VTBE?
that should work; on our system, this type of link is created:

https://../bbcswebdav/pid-9376139-dt-content-rid-4516711_3/xid-4516711_3
or:
https://../bbcswebdav/pid-9376142-dt-content-rid-3146214_1/xid-3146214_1

these links work as expected.

pid is "parent-id", the id of the content item
rid is "resource-id", the id of the linked file/folder

the link is resolved by a function that checks the availability of the content item for the current user and grants or denies access to the resource based on availability of the item, there are no permissions on the resources, acces is controlled by the availability of the content item.

the duplication of the xid is normal, what makes you think this is an error?

regards,
Bert