Final Call For Papers:

Film-Philosophy Conference 2012
London 12-14 September 2012

Jointly Hosted by King’s College London, Queen Mary, University of London
and Kingston University

Keynote Speakers:

Bernard Stiegler
Francesco Casetti
Ken McMullen
Libby Saxton
Damian Sutton

Film-philosophy continues to grow as an important discipline within the
fields of both Film Studies and Philosophy. The Film-Philosophy Conference
brings together scholars from all over the world to present their research
on a broad range of topics within the subject area.

The 2012 conference will take place September 12-14, and will be jointly
hosted by King’s College London, Queen Mary, University of London and
Kingston University.

This year’s event will feature a special screening and workshop at the BFI
Southbank, to coincide with their Hitchcock Retrospective.

We are open to any topics on the subject but would particularly welcome
papers relating to the films of Alfred Hitchcock.

Other topics that will be considered include:
- New approaches to film and philosophy
- Considerations of individual films
- The debate between continental and analytic philosophy in relation to film
- Films about philosophy or philosophers
- Film and phenomenology
- Significant auteurs
- Studies of individual philosophers and their relationship with film
- The methodology of film-philosophy
- Ethics
- Cognitivism
- Film style
- Genre
- Animals and Cinema
- Media convergence

Abstracts should be 200 - 300 words long and papers, including clips -
which we strongly encourage - should not exceed 20 minutes. We accept panel
submissions with a maximum of three speakers and a length of 90 minutes.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 31ST MAY 2012

Both individual and panel proposals must be submitted through the
conference website (no initial cost involved):
http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/2012/about/submissions

--
Dr Lucy Bolton
Teaching Fellow in Film Studies