*apologies for cross posting*

To anyone who works in a University Special Collections and Archives who has to deal with books!

We are  planning on undertaking some weeding of our Special Collections books this summer and in doing so are hoping to come up with some criteria for what we do and do not keep in Special Collections in future.  There doesn’t seem to have been much of a strategy here in the past, aside from the book collections that are related to our archive collections.

Having not really had to deal with books before, I was wondering if anyone else has criteria or policies for books that they keep in their Special Collections that they wouldn’t mind sharing with me so I have somewhere to start from?

Thanks (hopefully!)

Morag.

Morag Fyfe

Research & Learner Support Officer (Special Collections and Archives)
Library and Student Support

Liverpool John Moores Univeristy

Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University. Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]