From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Mattichak
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Question on copyright of translations

I would say that the issue hangs on whether the book is still under copyright or if it is in the public domain. If someone owns that copyright then you will need permission. If there is a revision then you would need the permission of the person that did the revision. You may still be able to claim the copyright for a translation if you don't use the revised copy.

That's how I read it anyway.