Bill Butler's "Dictionary of the Tarot", 1975, (isbn 0-8052-0559-4) states that "... it is worth noting that only in the Gringonneur, Swiss, Waite, and BOTA decks is The Hanged Man hanging by his right leg. In the others (Bembo, Insight, Marsielle, Italian, Wirth, Aquarian, Crowley, and New) it is his left.

-M.R.

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM, E de Pauw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sorry Justin,
i can't seem to get jpg's accepted to the list.
I'll have to send you all those interesting photos in private, what a pity for all the others ;-)

Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:29:51 +0100

From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] the Hanged Man?
To: [log in to unmask]

Thank you very much for this Eli,

It's very useful. It must just be the images I've been drawn to that seem to preference left leg over right and I've mistaken this for a common theme. Interesting point of self reflection on the images I'm working with.

I'll check the book you mentioned sounds like a goldmine of info.

best regards,

Justin