when i am ready i will buy the 99.99 Newton at least.

thanks

toyin

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM, David Mattichak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
With the current changes in the publishing business model most traditional publishing houses are going to have to change their strategies in order to survive. They may well have been in business for 300 years but in that time they have not had to face the same sort of changes in publishing technology and, like most publishers, they have had the upper hand over the people that write for them. That is changing very quickly now and the business model that they use is now having to compete in a very different marketplace. Over priced books that are sold in bundles to leverage sales is rapidly becoming less profitable in an on demand publishing world.

Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:15:20 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Looking for a publisher for translation of al-Buni's Great Sun of Gnoses
To: [log in to unmask]

I may stand to be corrected but Brill has been in business for 300 years, or so. They must have awesome business planning.

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM, N.W. Azal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Unless they become far more competitive, in 25 years or less industry trends will force Brill to bring their prices down radically or they will face losing any competitiveness and possibly fold. Universities know this. For now, let them keep thinking and doing as they do.