 From the Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/18/briton-arrested-thailand-babies-corpses

"A British citizen has been arrested in Bangkok on suspicion of
smuggling human infant corpses for use in black magic rituals after the
bodies of six babies were found in a suitcase in a hotel room, Thai
police have said... Some of the remains had been covered in gold leaf,
said police, apparently for use in black magic rituals... Black magic
rituals are still practised inThailand
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/thailand>, where street-side fortune
tellers offer ceremonies to reverse bad luck."

Thoughts? I have to say that the part about Thai fortune-tellers
practicing 'black magic rituals' seems a bit non-sequitur to me, though
it's hard to know much from the scanty details in the article.

- Noah

--
Noah Gardiner
Doctoral candidate, Dept. of Near Eastern Studies