Erica

From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Johnson
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Is the direction of circumambulation
affected by hemisphere?

Sabina:

If someone in the family (assuming they weren't exposed as infants for being
"other") was left-handed, would they have been under the same regulation? I
tend to think we whip cream clockwise because our strong hand is the right,
and to beat the cream in the opposing direction would be too awkward, being
toward the chest rather than away. Do those who are lefthanded here whip
cream in different directions? And what is the Italian for counterclockwise?
Verso sinestra?

Enjoying the speculation!

Tom