From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam Bell
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 9:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SHCG-LIST] SHCG News 69 - Call for contributions

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------

Dear social history curator extraordinaire...

The submissions deadline for the next issue of SHCG News is just over a fortnight away on Wednesday 18 April.

I would be happy to hear from anyone who would like to submit brief news and topical information for inclusion in the 'Bulletin Board' section, as well as short articles for the 'Theory & Practice' and 'Object Focus' sections.

Perhaps you'd like to tell readers about a recent exhibition or project in which you were involved, or write about your favourite item from the collections?

It could be that recent events have made you want to open up debate on a particular topic relevent to social history in museums, or the sector in general?

Maybe you'd even like to write in response to something you read about in the last issue, or which was raised as part of a discussion on the ever popular SHCG e-mail list?

Whatever inspires you to submit information or a short article, I'd love to hear from you!

Information for the Bulletin Board can be submitted in the form of a press release or a few paragraphs of text.

Articles for Theory & Practice and Object Focus should be no more than 1,500 words (ideally around 1,000 words).

If you'd like to submit something for the next issue, please email me in advance of the submissions deadline, so I know to expect something from you.

Although the deadline is 18 April, earlier submission is always welcomed.

Many thanks, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Adam
Editor, SHCG News
Adam Bell
Assistant Keeper
History
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
South Shields Museum & Art Gallery
Ocean Road
South Shields NE33 2JA
Tel: +44(0)191 456 8740
Fax: +44(0)191 456 7850
Email: [log in to unmask]

Read our blog, and get involved with our social media, games and digital projects here - http://www.twmuseums.org.uk/engage/

v.1TWAM
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify your IT
department.

All incoming and outgoing email are monitored for compliance with Tyne and Wear Museums email, Internet  and security policy.

This email has been swept by Sophos.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST