Dear Joel,
Not being an academic, I don't have the resources to follow the citations.
I wonder if you could  tell me more about this,  Is it invariably true?
If a Western anthropologist ingests a psychedelic substance under the supervision of a shaman—let's say ayahuasca in Western Amazonia—the visions reported will not be within the scientist's cultural context, but within the indigenous mythology.
Regards,
Margaret

********** * To alter your subscription settings on this list, log on to Subscriber's Corner at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/writing-and-the-digital-life.html * To unsubscribe from the list, email [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and the following text in the body of the message: SIGNOFF WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE