Hi,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:29:01AM +0000, Paul Brennan wrote:
> So, we are experiencing some difficulty on how to differentiate the auth
> requests coming from each portal.  I am sure this isn't a Cisco ACS
> specific issue.  So is there anything we can query to define the service
> selection that the auth requests are sent to?  We already no we can't use

I don't have specific experience of this, but a couple of
suggestions...

> Unlike 802.1x which has a lot of detail, the passed auth logs
> for captive portal seem devoid of pretty much everything.

Does the called-station-id contain the SSID or other identifying
info? With 1x, you get the mac address with :ssid on the end.

Alternatively, add a second IP address (or listen on a different
port) on the RADIUS servers, add these new IP:ports to the new
captive portal. Then you may be able to easily separate the two. I
know this is easy on FreeRADIUS, but I'm afraid I don't know
whether you can do so on ACS. Might give you a solution if you
can.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <[log in to unmask]>