The best way is to walk to Piccadilly bus station from Piccadilly railway station and take any of the busses that go down Wilmslow road. 142 143 41 42 43

Get off at Owens park which is a very big student hall of residence.
After getting off the bus walk few meters until the crossing with Moseley rd and turn left in Moseley rd walk until Richmond park and turn left just before the park. Here is a Google map with the directions:

http://tinyurl.com/d8zcto2

cheers
alessandra