On a very practical note, I have several of these machines with
64 cores and 128GB of memory sat around doing nothing, pending
(mostly) our network upgrade. If anyone from ATLAS would like
to get some experience running tests on such a system, then,
provided the tests don't require a lot of network bandwidth[1],
I'd be very happy to give people SSH access to a machine to
gather some concrete facts on.

Ewan

[1] For real use these 64 core boxes will want a 10Gbit network
connection, and I don't have the ports available at the moment.
I can, however, hook them up a 1Gbit, which should be fine for
anything that doesn't involve heavy reads from the DPM.