That sounds right to me as well.  The new UK e-Science certificates have
been "out" since the 1.39 release (June 2011), and there was a typo
fixed in a naming policy file (introduced in 1.41 and fixed in 1.42,
both September 2011.

And they went "live" in October 2011.

And the current release is 1.46.

What puzzles me, there are loads of new CA certs in the distribution -
if the sites have not discovered that they have not upgraded, does it
mean they are not using the new CAs?

Anyway, we will investigate...

Thanks
--jens