EXTENDED DEADLINE

Call for Papers
i-KNOW – 12th International Conference on
Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies
5–7 September 2012, Graz, Austria
http://www.i-know.at/

Due to frequent requests we have decided to extend the deadline of I-Know 2012 to April 23rd, 2012.
Please be aware that this is a strict deadline which will not be extended again. We are looking forward to receiving your exciting papers on the conference topics below.

Important Dates
===============

• Submission Deadline: April 23, 2012 - EXTENDED
• Notification of Acceptance: May 21, 2012
• Camery Ready Version: June 18, 2012

In addition to full and short papers, we also invite contributions for posters and demonstrations. Have a look at the Paper Submission page for more details.

Keynotes
========

We are very excited to present to you the keynoters who we have the honor of presenting at I-Know 2012:

Lora Aroyo (www.cs.vu.nl/~laroyo/)
----------
Lora has gained fame through her work on integrating Web and TV data with the help of semantics (watch Social Web & TV scenarious; watch the Social Web & TV demonstrator). Within her keynote she will give insights into this emerging field and its emerging opportunities. Lora is associate professor
of Intelligent Information Systems Web and Media within the Department of Computer Science at the VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Eric Duval (erikduval.wordpress.com)
----------
Eric's current favorite research topics focus on Research 2.0 and Learning Analytics. In his keynote he will present ideas on how to innovate research practices. He will also be a key participants of our Research 2.0 Special Track. In general, Eric's research focuses on management of and access to structured and unstructured data, including federated search, harvesting, content management, but also more end user oriented aspects like information visualization, mobile information devices, multi-touch displays and mash-ups. Eric has been applying his research results to technology enhanced learning, access to music and ‘research2.0'. He is professor in the research unit on human-computer interaction, at the computer science department of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.

Chris Welty (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Welty)
-----------
Chris is best known for his work on ontologies, in the Semantic Web, and specifically the OntoClean project. Chris will contribute his vast experiences onSemantics to the conference. He is a Research Scientist at IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Hawthorne, NY, and formerly a professor in the Computer Science Department of Vassar College and a distinguished lecturer of the Association for Computing Machinery.

Conference Topics
=================

From both research and innovative practice perspectives the following topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:

• Knowledge Management

• Knowledge Technologies

• Knowledge Context, Sensors, and Mobile Devices

• Knowledge Evolution

• Knowledge Discovery

i-KNOW 2012 Special Tracks

In addition to the topics listed above, this years conference offers the opportunity to contribute to two Special Tracks which target the topics of Visual Analytics and Science 2.0. Both Special Tracks will take place on the first conference day (September 5, 2012) and will each feature a whole day of scientific advances, in-depth analysis, and application of the topic in focus.

TAVA ’12 – Special Track on Theory and Applications of Visual Analytics

For the list of possible topics for the TAVA special track, please refer directly to the TAVA Call for Papers.

Science 2.0 Special Track

For the list of possible topics for the Science 2.0 special track, please refer directly to the Science 2.0 Call for Papers.

Conference Chairs

Stefanie Lindstaedt, Know-Center and Graz University of Technology, Austria
Michael Granitzer, Know-Center and University of Passau, Germany