Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce that due to the popular demand we have extended the Vitae Connections programme this year to provide two, one-day workshops for those new to facilitating learning and development activities for researchers.

These practical events provide an in-depth introduction to facilitation skills, combined with a toolkit of practical resources that you can use with researchers to develop their capabilities.a event for staff supporting researchers. We are hosting the programme in two different places, on two separate dates, in Edinburgh (May 11) and in Birmingham (May 30).

This is a unique event for anyone new to experiential learning and a great opportunity for those who develop the skills of researchers to come together, review a range of Vitae resources available and network with peers. These practical events provide an in-depth introduction to facilitation skills, combined with a toolkit of practical resources that you can use with researchers to develop their capabilities.

What to expect on the day?

*consider what facilitation is
*understand how to set-up a learning environment
*develop your skills in how to listen, observe and interpret information from groups
*consider how to creatively use resources.

As a result of joining us for this one-day event:

*you will feed confident in using more experiential learning techniques within your institutional training
*be aware of a range of resources available to you from Vitae's resource library
*networked with a range of other staff supporting researchers from around the UK.

A full programme of the day's event will be made available shortly.

Book at www.vitae.ac.uk/vitaeconnections2012

Best wishes,
Vitae