From: Sexualities, Space and Queer Geographies [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joe J Hall [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 27 April 2012 12:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New members: welcome and introductions

Following on from Matthew I would like to introduce myself to members of this group. I am not a new member as such but I haven’t really shared my (doctoral) research interests via this mailing list before.

Anyway, my name is Joe and I’m undertaking an ESRC-funded PhD at the University of Hull. I think the title of a forthcoming conference paper is the best way of describing my work - ‘It doesn’t matter if you’re a sissy’: gender and sexuality work in English primary schools.

Bridging the sub-fields of Children’s geographies, Geographies of Education and Geographies of Sexuality; my PhD research is primarily concerned with understanding how the non-profit sector is creating and shaping a sexualities agenda for uptake in primary schools. The focus of my ethnographic approach are key primary schools that are being held up by Stonewall as ‘good practice schools’ for others to follow.

I look forward to hearing about what everyone else is doing.

Joe

Joe Hall  |  Doctoral Candidate  |  Department of Geography  |  The University of Hull  |  HU6 7RX  |  UK