In the year of the Olympics & Paralympics, we invite you to join us for a one-day conference on 21st May 2012:

Sourcing sport: current research; British Library resources

Unlock the secrets of the British Library’s sport collections in this Olympic & Paralympic year by joining British Library curators and academic experts in a one-day conference at St Pancras.

Participants will be given a chance to discover a wide range of sport resources, from sound files, ephemera, images, and historical materials to publications from other countries, including the United States and Russia. The speakers will be looking at some fascinating and unusual items from the collections, and showcasing their own explorations into the world of sport research.

The event will be rounded off by a panel discussion about sport resources and future research needs, so there will be time to put your own ideas across. We’ll be glad to hear them!

If you are a sport researcher, a historian or just interested in sport and its background we are sure you will find the day both enlightening and stimulating.

Speakers include:

Professor Kath Woodward
Professor Andrew Sparkes
Professor Matt Taylor
Professor John Horne

The ticket price of £10.00 includes a buffet lunch and refreshments. Book online at